Cal SAFE is excited to announce our online Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner Training.
The CalSAFE Leadership Council is excited to offer this “always available, always affordable” 40-hour online course for SAFE/SANE practice. This course will be available 24/7, 365 days a year. Costs are set low to cover administrative fees only – $50.00 for CalSAFE members and $150.00 for non-CalSAFE members- but $100.00 will go towards your first-year membership! You must be a medical professional (RN, NP, PA, MD) to register for this course- all course registrations and payment will need to be approved.
This virtual course was made possible through a generous partnership with the University of San Francisco School of Nursing and their SAFERR project funded by a HRSA grant. CalSAFE members and our training partners have all donated their time and talent to produce these training modules. We offer this course to you at a low cost to increase access by victims to qualified sexual assault examiners throughout California.
This course contains an innovative, state-of-the-art science-based curriculum. It fulfills the 40-hour requirement for California examiners as well as the International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN) national SANE-A certification.
We are a work in progress! We would appreciate your thoughtful evaluations after each module as well as on the Post Course Survey as we continue to build our various course offerings. Currently, we only offer the basic SAFE/SANE 40 hour course with one Course Completion Certificate being provided (40 hours CEU BRN credit only). But more will be added!!
- Cal SAFE EDUCATE instructors have over 260 years of combined experience and expertise in forensic examinations and most are active examiners.
- Cal SAFE EDUCATE is different from other online SAFE trainings—we have Skills Demonstrations, REAL LIFE Demonstrations by actual examiners to show you an exam from start to finish, AND a monitored discussion board with experts in the field.
- Cal SAFE EDUCATE includes 40 hours of online training (California BRN Approved CEUs) and 16 optional hours of training. Topics include Strangulation, Suspect Exams, Forensic Photography, and Testimony training.
- Cal SAFE members pay only $50 for the training, non-members get the training for $150! This is one of the most cost-effective trainings in forensics you will find. Our course is available 24/7, 365 days a year!
- So, join us, and tell that friend who has “always been interested in forensics” too!